Meet Lily Tsui
IT consultant, Consultant Manager and the new host of Consids podcast “Utveckla”
Learn about Lily Tsui, her role at Consid, how she started in the industry and future desires for her podcast. Lily is a IT Consultant, Consultant Manager and the new hosts of Consids podcast “Utveckla”. A podcast by developer – for developers and everyone who works with system development. Let’s deep-dive into Lilys thoughts about her commitment to attracting more women and non-binary people into the IT and Tech industry.
Get to know Lily Tsui
Hi Lily, what are you doing at Consid?
–I work as a Consultant, but also as a Consultant Manager. As a Consultant, I sit with customers as a Project Manager or Product Owner and Scrum Master – so it’s very mixed.
How did you get into the it and tech industry?
– I was really lucky, you could say. It was an old ex of mine who said, “you like IT and data, right? Wouldn’t computer and systems science be interesting?” So I applied, and got into my first pick – computer science and systems science with a focus on business systems at Stockholm University. I didn’t understand anything the first year – what is an ERP system? But it was the best choice ever, I love working with IT. I have been at Consid for five months now.
You are the new host of Consid’s podcast Develop, what made you take that chance?
– I love learning new things and stepping out of my comfort zone. I’ve listened to the podcast before and learned a lot, so I’m looking forward to learning even more new things from interesting guests.
“Utveckla” is a podcast created by developers, for developers and everyone who works with system development.
Is there any particular topic that you already know you want to delve into?
– I think AI is very interesting, we’ve had a couple of broad sections about it, but it would be fun to delve into something more specific in AI.
You are also the chairman of the association DataTjej. Tell us more!
– DataTjej is a non-profit association that was started in 1998, so we just celebrated 25 years. We are trying to attract more girls, women and non-binary people into the IT and tech industry, but also get them to stay.
Why is it important to have an equal industry?
– The industry is not very equal today and unfortunately, statistically speaking, fewer women and non-binary people are looking to work in the IT field than before. It is alarming that in 2023 we are going backwards, at the same time as AllBright came out with a report that shows that Sweden lacks around 70,000 people in the IT and Tech industry for 2024. We simply cannot afford to lose a large group of people who could potentially work in the industry. There are a lot of myths about the IT industry and it’s not marketed to girls and non-binary people in the same way, which I think can be a bit of a deterrent. Today we know that everything gets better when we have different types of people involved – with different types of experiences and backgrounds – in an organization. It benefits everyone.
Lily is also involved in Consid’s mentorship program – to inspire young women and non-binary people when it comes to technology. Through Q Mentoria, we want to show all the exciting opportunities that the tech world offers and share our knowledge and expertise in the areas that a potential study and career path in tech can entail. Within the mentorship program, our knowledgeable employees share their knowledge and experience. Read more about Consids gender equality platform Q by Consid.
Get to know our colleagues!
Sales Manager in Germany: “Consid’s Swedish corporate culture is our absolute advantage”
Consid's acceleration continues in Germany after a remarkable start. Get to know Lena Fahrenkrug, our enthusiastic, structured, and curious Sales Manager at Consid in Hamburg.
Fabian Ottho, Key Account Manager
Meet Fabian Ottho, one of the first employees at Consid in Oslo. He tells us about his day to day job as a Key Account Manager, and what it is like working at the office in Oslo.
First day as a trainee at Consid
Are you looking for a trainee program in IT, programming or development? Learn more about how Consid's trainee program.
Get to know our Full Stack Developer Albin Willman
6 quick questions with Albin Willman, our Full Stack Developer in Gothenburg.
Welcoming Marcuz Larsen – our first Danish frontend developer
Meet Marcuz Larsen, a highly experienced Frontend developer, who joins your local digital partner in Copenhagen, Consid.