The 3700 employees of the municipality of Kungälv received a new intranet and introduction by Consid. Madeleine Nilsson, communications manager of Kungälv municipality describes the solution as a “digital hub for information and communication”. The user-friendly Microsoft 365 intranet with its standard features has increased the usage of the intranet as a natural hub, according to the employees themselves.
Consid responded to tenders and won the project for setting up a modern, user-friendly intranet for Kungälv municipality, with the aim of introducing and setting up a new intranet as well as operation, support, and management.
One of the greater challenges was that the municipality of Kungälv was working concurrently with two Microsoft 365 environments. One of the requirements was to make the intranet accessible for both environments, while offering the same functionality. Another aspect of the challenge was the restrictions of only using standard components while maintaining a user-friendly, popular, and efficient intranet.
– Kungälv municipality’s need was a standard solution in SharePoint and Office365, using existing applications. All users would have access to the intranet and access their Office365 portal via the intranet home page, says Henrik Jacobsson, Business Area Manager for Modern Workplace at Consid.
The intranet was implemented in Microsoft 365 and SharepointOnline, a prerequisite as the municipality of Kungälv already used the platform. It also gives the municipality an easily managed intranet, not locking themselves to any single supplier in addition to the platform.
– Consid solved the requirement of having the users accessing the intranet from two concurrent Microsoft 365 environments while experiencing the same functionality, by connecting the access via B2B user management, explains Henrik Jacobsson.
Consid also contributed with guidance of how and when the various standard components are used in the best way, as well as how to structure efficient work flows the intranet in Microsoft 365.
– In a brief time, the municipality of Kungälv received a new intranet for the entire administration with 3,700 employees. We have identified a rapid increase of popularity of the intranet amongst our colleagues at the municipality, as it now is user-friendly, says Madeleine Nilsson, communications manager at Kungälv Municipality.
The intranet is accessible regardless of where the user is and responsive, enabling access via computer and mobile. Consid has also made the intranet part of Microsoft Teams.
– Today we have an intranet integrated with Teams and other Microsoft tools, which functions as the digital hub for information and communication in the municipality, says Madeleine Nilsson.
Madeleine Nilsson states that the project with Consid “has been straightforward, where our collaboration has worked perfectly”.
– This is all made possible thanks to great planning and support from Consid, with whom we had the privilege of collaborating with. With quite few and simple resources, we have created an efficient intranet together with Consid, says Madeleine Nilsson.
Implementation is complete and has moved into the management phase, where Consid continues to guide Kungälv municipality with advice and support. Today the employees manage the intranet themselves, and the platform can be developed further with simple means depending on the changing needs of the business.
“We have identified a rapid increase of popularity of the intranet amongst our colleagues at the municipality, as it’s now user-friendly, says Madeleine Nilsson, communications manager at Kungälv Municipality.”
MADELEINE NILSSON, MANAGER OF COMMUNICATIONS, KUNGÄLVS MUNICIPALITY
Do you want to know more?
Leave your details and we will get in touch
More projects we've helped our customers with
User-friendly intranet in Microsoft 365 for Tidaholm Municipality’s 1700 employees
With a tailor-made solution in Microsoft 365, we have created an easy-to-use & popular intranet for Tidaholm municipality's 1,700 employees.
Communication concept gives Malmbergs a clear direction – We are generation Zero
We helped Malmberg develop a new communication concept, based on the vision & mission: We are generation Zero. A forward direction for the entire company.
NKPG City new brand platform – celebrates Norrköping’s history and aims for the future
Consid has developed a new branding platform for NKPG City. A place brand that celebrates Norrköping's history & aims for the future.
Bilmetro – 74% lower Ad Spend with maintained traffic
We helped Bilmetro increase the quality of organic & paid traffic through SEO & SEM. The result: 74% less Ad Spend, with maintained traffic.
Lund municipality received a new website with a top rating
We helped the municipality of Lund develop a new website in Sitevision that has climbed the top lists of Sweden's best municipal websites.
Piab’s new partner portal
After launching a new website for Piab in 2021, the need arose to also redesign the partner portal My Piab. Read how we helped Piab.
The communications manager: “3,700 employees can now access and use Kungälv municipality’s new intranet”
The user-friendly Microsoft 365 intranet has increased the usage of the intranet as a natural hub, according to the employees themselves.
Environment for Development (EfD)
New website for a global network of research centers that solve the world's most urgent environmental and development challenges.
Coop’s Scan & Pay enables fast self-scanning and check-out
We helped Coop develop Scan & Play. Consid is now tasked with maintaining and further developing services in the Scan & Pay app.
Odinwell has developed a unique and patented optical technology for the development of smart wound care dressings. Consid-owned Paradigm had the opportunity to develop the brand and prepare for this summer's IPO.
We helped the union Vision to further develop its app to achieve the goal of becoming more digital for its members.
Spendrup’s new PIM-generated catalog
Through simplified presentation, a graphically appealing layout & updated information, we have created Spendrup's new product catalog for the subsidiary Spring Wine & Spirits with product information from their inRiver PIM.